Welcome to episode #115 of Explode Your Expert Biz Show, brought to you by http://gtex.org.uk/,
I am your host, Simone Vincenzi, The Experts Strategist, and this is the podcast for experts who want to become the ultimate authority in their niche while making an impact in the world.
Today I have the pleasure to Interview Jairek Robbins
Jairek helps businesses, brands and individuals achieve rapid, measurable improvements in work and life through Keynote Speaking, Business Performance Coaching and his #1 Bestselling Book, “Live It! Achieve Success By Living With Purpose”
He servers entrepreneurs and professionals all the way up to Fortune 500 company executives.
Jairek has delivered hundreds of speeches to tens of thousands of people worldwide, speaking to businesses and organizations including:
- Ameriprise Financial
- Harvard University, Leadership Conference
- United States Air Force, AFSOC
- Century 21
- Tampa Bay Rays (Major League Baseball)
- United States Marine Corps
- United States Olympic Team
“Jairek Robbins gives practical steps to creating the meaning and fulfillment in life.” – Deepak Chopra
In this episode we talk about
- How Jairek started his coaching business when he was 18
- How he scaled his expert business
- The 5 ways to make money as a speaker
Connect with Jairek Robbins.
If you want to make 6 figures presentations and become awesome at Selling From The Stage without compromising your integrity I have created The Ultimate Selling From Stage Checklist.
The most comprehensive checklist to create a pitch that sell without being a douchebag.
To receive daily support in your coaching and speaking business, join our private Facebook Group EXPLODE YOUR EXPERT BIZ
Tool of the day
YoucanBook.me http://youcanbook.me/(Appointment Scheduler).
Also make sure you subscribe to the podcast so you don’t miss any other episode.
If you want to reach out to me with your questions, you can email me at Simone@gtex.org.uk that comes right to my inbox.
Resources To Help You Grow eXponentially:
- The Selling From Stage Ultimate Checklist – Learn how to close up to 50% of every audience.
- Sales Mastery – Triple your clients with a powerful sales conversation.
- eXplode Your Coaching Biz Membership – Join our inner community and get everything you need in one place to build your six figures coaching and speaking business.
– Hello ladies and gentlemen and welcome to another episode of explode your expert biz show. Simone Vincenzi here with Jairek Robbins. Jairek how are you doing today?
– Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, thank you for having me and thank you everyone for taking time to listen in I appreciate your time.
– Fabulous today we are talking about all things around the speaking business and growing and scaling and speaking business, something that you have done very successfully, and are doing succesfully I’ve been following you for years. And I’ve been on many of your Facebook lives as well. So Jairek before we start can you tell us a bit more about yourself for people that don’t know you.
– Sure, sure, sure, so what are focus is and what we do everyday is we help people become the happiest, healthiest, strongest and most fulfilled version of themselves. Now we have an array of vehicles that allows us to do that from all of our online assets for Instagram, social media, YouTube, blogs, all that jazz. We have a book that’s written that goes around the world it’s published in multiple languages and thousands of people have read it all over the globe. We go out and do presentations and trainings inside of corporations, we have ongoing trainings we do with companies that we train their sales team and help their leadership planning each year and help them map out the next 12 and 24 months of their business plans and help them fine tune that for operational success. And then I personally coach entrepreneurs most of them are 35 to 45 year old males who own anywhere between zero to seven companies. Most are in the five to seven companies range. They have 50 plus employees, they make half a million bucks and I help them optimise their personal performance. So I work with them one on one and we track everything between how well they’re able to clear their mind in the morning to how well they’re able to stay calm and focused throughout the day by tracking their breathing throughout the day as well. And so we look for ways that optimise them as a human. I’m not sure what else people would want to know.
– Yeah, no that’s perfect, I have a personal question because I know that you do other things that are on and they’re on personal performance. Personally what are you most passionate about? Are you most passionate about business or about personal performance?
– I’m most passionate about loving my wife.
– Like the number one priority in my life is loving my wife. If you look at my goals every week, number one is to make my wife feel like the most loved, see, appreciated, understood and acknowledged woman on this planet and so the most important thing is loving her. Because in the end if you look at the five regrets of the dying where men on their deathbed late in life none of them said, I wish I would have made more money or shit I wish I would have had a longer board meeting that week, all of them said hey I wish I would have done things that were really true to my heart. I wish I would have spent more time with the people who mattered to me the most and so I optimise most of my time to figure out how do I spend the majority of my time loving her, taking care of her, being there for her, listening to her, caring for her in every way possible and I’m very, very lucky that she does the same for me.
– Now this triggers a question for me because we are talking about expert business and a lot of coaches, speakers, trainers, that are listening right now they are one man or one woman band. Now you know when you’re working by yourself, then you have this small team or sometimes no team it can be quite challenging, personally I remember. At the beginning I found very challenging creating the time to spend with the family, with my girlfriend at the time and so on before I got married. So how do you balance, how do you make sure you balance if you’re at the stage where you kind of growing but.
– It depends on the stage of business you’re in. So going back to when I first started my own coaching practise that the very first thing people should know is I spent six years coaching under the umbrella of a very large coaching organisation. So they brought in clients, I coached clients on behalf of them but I spent six years refining my skills as a coach before I decided to open up my own coaching practise, there’s lots of coaches who don’t do that and then wonder why it’s so hard to deliver. So I spent six years practising for a major corporation then went out on my own and when I went out on my own before I went on my own I spent two years doing outside sales. So office to office sales, I would run anywhere between one to four or five presentations a day. I did over 800 presentation in two years in offices all across the United States and so by pure repetition of doing it again and again and again and a lot of those presentation were horrible. They were just horrific if I look back and review them but doing 800 presentations in two years I got pretty good. I started to recognise what works and what doesn’t, I had many quarters where I completely failed and many quarters where I did extremely well. And what I started to learn though is how the process works what’s the conversation you have to have with someone who doesn’t know who you are, doesn’t like you, doesn’t trust you and thinks you’re wasting their time and how do you get through to them and have a conversation that causes them to go oh this is interesting. As a matter of fact this is so interesting, I think it’s worth talking more about it. And as a matter of fact I want to sign up with whatever you have right now, let’s do a business deal. Let me have some of what you got. So I had to figure out how to do that in 45 minutes in front of an audience that doesn’t know me, doesn’t like me, doesn’t trust me and never seen me before or know who I am. And so having 800 attempts at doing that helped refine the skill and get to a point where hey now I could go tweet which is how I built my original business. If you want to see how ugly my website was go to the waybackmachine.com, type in Jairek Robbins.com. Go back to 2009, 2008 and you’ll see an all black website with a black and white picture of a tree in the middle of it, for some reason. I thought that was a good idea, you’ll see my name written across the top with the big words says welcome and then underneath it it’ll say click here for coaching.
– So sexy and appealing.
– Somehow that magical website and Twitter helped me generate a hundred thousand dollars in revenue in the first eight months of opening my coaching practise. And so when people think oh my God I need a $5000 website because that is gonna help me enrol clients. It won’t, I need more marketing collateral. I need better email templates, I need a better Facebook portfolio, I need more YouTube videos. None of that will make a difference until you know how to walk out on the street be like hey you, you there, come here for a second. Let’s chat do you have a minute? No, great let’s chat anyways, until you know how to engage another human being, how to stir up a conversation, how to ask questions, how to truly be there for them and not for you, how to really truly help them figure out what’s best for them. And if it’s you great, if it’s not direct them where they need to go until you can engage at that level and you’re willing to do it and you’re capable of doing it and you’re comfortable doing it. It’s very difficult to grow a coaching practise but I was doing that for two years. Came into my own, had six years of coaching practise before that so eight years of preparing and then I open it up and in eight month I was able to peruse $100,000 in revenue and I had enrolled 52 one on one clients per month with two or three sessions a month each.
– That’s not bad at all and I have to say it says a lot about you, it says a lot about your drive, it says a lot about your determination and who you are as a person because we see a lot of speakers here in the U.K. a lot of coaches that they don’t have that. And when you say hey you gotta go out there and do a lot of events, and you gotta go out there and do your presentations then they say but I did two. I’m like yeah great do you want a pat on the back, well done what was some of the mistakes, that you said that you made a lot of mistakes during these presentations, some of them were horrible, what were some of the mistakes that you realised that you were making that were costing you sales while you were at the beginning?
– So there’s a differentiation to make and this is one’s really important ’cause there’s lots of people who have the same title but do radically different jobs. And so the title speaker gets put on a lot of different jobs, there’s people who sell, these are salesmen. Nothing wrong with that I love salesmen I’ve been a salesman a lot in my life it’s awesome. So there’s sales, there’s entertainment these people don’t sell anything, they’re there to entertain people and they’re not there to educate, they’re just there to entertain. There’s education these people are purely there to pass on information it’s usually boring but it’s useful information, it’s like tactics and studies and statistics and all this stuff, it’s good but it’s boring as hell. And then there’s kind of infotainers who have combined these two and figured out how to do those both. But a lot of these people the sales the reason they’re getting on stage and speaking, the core purpose of it is to enrol a client or service or product or something like that. The infotainer, eduatainer kind of education information entertainment piece here, they’re not there to sell anything they’re literally there just to deliver the experience or the information and these guys kind of get grouped into a keynote speaker category. And a keynote speaker or a corporate speaker and there’s trainers which is another category as well. They’re there, they’re kind of infotainers hopefully they’re entertaining but they’re there to train rigorously on information not what’s wild, the best way I’ve ever seen this scale created is if you took a scale like this and it had a metre that goes across it and you put the least profitable and the most profitable. Entertainment is the most profitable and education is the least profitable, teachers make like 30,000 a year movie stars and basketball players and football players and all these people they make like hundreds of millions of dollars a year and it’s not because of their athleticism they’re entertaining. You have to remember that when you go to a football match and you have a stadium full of people going go, go, go, go the people on the field are entertaining you, they’re making it look like the most amazing match you ever seen and this guys so pissed at that guy. And this guy red card, ah, it’s entertainment. They’re there to get you to go no, oh, ah. And think about it if you go to most sales people, depending on where they fall on the scale is depending on how well they do. The really entertaining ones they tend to do really well ’cause people in the audience are crying and laughing and going oh my gosh no, how could you. And the ones that are boring as shit they tend to do very well, people are like okay maybe it’s useful. And unless you’re selling very specific knowledge that people want, it’s even out of date now. But if in two months ago you were selling how to invest in bitcoin you might have had a chance ’cause you could be boring as shit but.
– The topic is so current.
– And the market’s going so well you could tell people anything and they’d make money, you’re gonna make some money even if you’re boring but right now with the market completely falling apart, if you sell and who knows when you’re watching this maybe it’s going back up. But right now the market’s completely sliding and if you’re boring and selling how to invest in bitcoin, you’re not gonna make any money because people are not gonna listen to boring and a falling market. Arising market and boring you might get some clients, falling market and boring you’re out of business. And so there’s concepts if the first thing you want to rate yourself is where is the entertainment level and which do you deliver whenever you’re presenting. Now the second thing is you wanna figure out how do you do it, are you sales that’s totally cool. Sales people make a lot of money speaking, there’s lots of people like there’s guys who can get up on the big stages and sell $500,000 or a million dollars worth of product in 15, 20 minutes it’s impressive. But there’s another category, there’s a keynote speaking category and a keynote speaker you get invited to Microsoft now if you get up in front of 5,000 Microsoft employees and start talking about your online programme that you’ve created that can teach them how to become super wealthy they’re gonna kick your ass off the stage and never invite you back, there’s no chance in hell Microsoft is gonna allow someone to do that. So there’s a second category call the keynote speaker you are there to bring an experience to their audience. And I say experience because it’s edutainment, it’s educating them on something but entertaining them in a way that they go ooh ah wow ah! And the company is better because you are there and that’s a keynote speaker and then after if you’re really good you might say hey Mr. Bill Gates, I was your keynote speaker yesterday I know you’re not the guy to talk to but I’ve got this great training programme that I think would be great for your sales team. Who should I chat with, chat with Jim in sales no problem thank you so much for having me. Hey Jim, Bill Gates told me to call you. Set up a meeting where I can show you our sales trending programme see if we can roll it out to your 5,000 sales reps, okay cool let’s set up a meeting on Thursday you come in you say here’s what it entails. I’ll do calls once a month plus we have this online training programme and these books and everything else. And they go great let’s buy it if Mr. Gates says let’s do it let’s do it and kapow you make a $5 million deal to train Microsoft for the next three years. And that’s a trainer and if you listen to the numbers it just depends on what part of the game you want to play. This dude can make a million bucks pitching from stage and selling stuff, these dudes can make plenty of money as a foot in the door to go to a keynote speaker. I’ll give you a story of a friend of mine who’s a keynote speaker, she grew up homeless in New York City. And so she was sleeping on the D train if you’ve been to New York it’s a subway train. She was sleeping on the D train, sleeping on friends couches, never went to school, she’d go pan handle for change during the day and she said when she’d get a $1.65 in change it was the greatest day. ‘Cause she would take that with her best friend and go to a local diner and they’d get a plate of french fries and a Coke and they would share it together. And every fry tasted like heaven she said it was amazing and so what happened was at 17 and a half she says you know what I’m gonna go to school for the very first time. So she enrolled herself in public school. She went to school she graduated two years later. Not because she was super smart, she just had nothing else to do, she was living on the street, homeless. So it was either study or nothing so she studied. And she got good grades, she started writing her opinion to the New York Post the newspaper and they were posting her stuff in the New York Post and then she wrote a scholarship letter and she won a scholarship from the New York Times to the college of her choice. She ended up giving in to Harvard and she ended up going to Harvard University after being homeless for her entire youth, she went to Harvard, they made a little movie after her they played on television here. And then I think it was Steven Covey or one of those guys heard about her story and called her and said hey can we pay for you to come and be a keynote speaker at our up and coming conference to share your story. She likes sure and they said what’s your speaking fee and she says well as long as you buy me lunch and pay for the trip on the train I’ll come down. The lady started laughing on the phone and she said I’m serious if you don’t buy me lunch I’m not coming. And lady laughs oh honey we’ll buy you lunch don’t worry about it, so they got her there, they introduced her to the head of the Washington speakers bureau which is a really big speakers bureau. They represent past presidents, they represent major heads of major corporations and past generals of the army and stuff like that, they represent really big people in the world who’ve done extraordinary things. So they represented her and they said how many times do you wanna speak this year, she says I don’t know as much as I can and they were like seriously, okay. They booked her 55 times at I think $10,000 a speech. So she made over $550,000 being a keynote speaker speaking sometimes two, three times a day depending on where she was while still going to Harvard and getting straight A’s. So I think on Wednesday and Thursday she’d go to class on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday she’d fly around the world and give speeches everyday and then fly home and Wednesday and Thursday go back to class and then go on the road again every week and every week she would do that and she ended up doing 55 speeches so almost a speech a week. Yeah so more than a speech a week.
– More than a speech a week.
– More than one a week, she was flying all around the world and while going to school two days a week and still keeping her grades at Harvard, which most people stress out over going to school five days a week and stress out over trying to keep their grades.
– So she’s definitely a smart one. So where do you fit yourself, where does your business fits into this different grades from the education, the infotainer, the entertainment, the sales?
– We do all of them, so I was just at an office for a life insurance company up in Los Angeles a couple weeks ago and I was giving a presentation for about an hour and at the end of the presentation I enrolled a whole bunch of the group into a brand new training programme we have and then I went to talk to the boss about getting all their managers into our coach training programme to train them to better coach and lead their people. And so we do that, I’ve booked a handful of speaking engagements around the world, they’re all coming up in the next few months and so we’re hired as a keynote speaker in corporations like a group in Thailand hired us to come out and do a half day training for them. And so they’re flying us in, we’re doing a half day training for their group, we can talk about on going coaching but they’re hiring us as a keynote speaker for that training. I think Brian Tracy has the first day and I have the second day and so that training in Thailand is coming up next month and then we have also ongoing training for companies so there’s a friend of mine who took a company from nothing to a $1.3 billion public traded company. And he has me train all of his current sales reps so on Tuesdays and Thursdays we help on the phone we have 15 minute calls twice a week and I help train and inspire and keep his team. So we do ongoing training for companies, we do keynote speaking for companies and then from time to time I’ll book myself when we have new things that we wanna promotes, I’ll book myself to go speak for different groups. To share with them specifically what we have and all of them require different skills. You know getting booked for an event where you can go sell something it requires you having a closing ratio that consistent and you being able to show them hey I can offer x value and I can deliver x result on the backend and then we can cut a deal on how that’s gonna work out. If you’re a keynote speaker you have to be able to show hey when I come into your office or I come into your company here’s the results that show up on the other end by having me come in for that training. Your sales go up, your leadership is better, the growth of the company increases. You have to be able to show tangibles of what happens because you were there and ongoing training the same thing. Before I was there here’s where there numbers were since I’ve been there here’s where there numbers are. Okay great we’ll keep having you back.
– In those are the two aspects that also we have in our business, I’ve taken care of the selling from the stage part, that’s what I’m good at. I’m selling from the stage, selling from webinars I absolutely love it but my business partner takes care of recruiting, training, sales team and recruitment agencies so we have a specific niche which is the recruitment market. And we do sales training for recruitment agencies and I think that having this blend also allows your business to be bigger and to have more opportunities and at the same time is more difficult because you need to be all incredibly skilled or to have multiple people in the business to take care about the different parts. Now we have a question from one of our listeners and from our members of the group and is asking how do you scale your business which is based on your personal brand because everything is Jairek Robbins, right? So how do you scale when everything is Jairek Robbins?
– So it’s not we have performance coach university, help me find love.net, buying out bitches.com we have a handful of things going on. That people just don’t link to me because my name or face isn’t on them and then we also do real estate, we also buy and sell companies. So there’s a lot more going on that isn’t Jairek Robbins but thank you for the compliment. Everything is not me it might look like that from the outside ’cause you’re looking at just my personal brand so on my personal brand side, the things that are scalable in there, there’s not a tonne that’s scalable. So that’s why we have performance coach university like we have a whole other company that trains coaches how to become coaches and then we take some of those coaches the really, really good ones. We invite them back and I generate tonnes of leads for coaching off my website, so everyday people are opting in saying hey I’d like to know more about coaching, hey how does your coaching work all this stuff. And we pass them out to our coaches, the really good ones and we say hey go talk to them, they’ll tell you how it works, they’ll tell you how to do it. As a matter of fact they’re a great coach you should work with them and we have agreements with those coaches that they can do coaching with us or for us. And so I have right now a handful of coaches on staff that everyday leads are going out to and anytime they sign up clients we get a piece of that because we’ve trained them and generated the lead in the business and so that parts scalable. We have a suite of online products and online programmes, those help us reach tonnes of people, we have a new programme that’s three months old right now and it has over 915, 920 students from 71 countries or 72 countries in the programme right now. And so that was a three month project, it was more than that to build it but over the last three months of sharing it, so we’ve been able to coach virtually 900 people around the world from over 72 countries with an online training programmes. So that’s allowing us to scale and coach a lot more people our coach training programme has helped build tonnes of coaches and those coaches are helping coach other people. So that’s helping us reach even more people and then all of our digital content online most of which is free, YouTube, Instagram, this kind of stuff. All these things helps reach tonnes of people and coach just to make a difference in their life for the sake of making a difference.
– Absolutely and I think the question that was asked and that you answered perfectly was that what else do you create that is to make sure, actually you create something scalable because I found that a lot of people that are starting, all ready very successful as speakers now they’re using their personal brand to then create where they are kind of the face of the brand. But then the delivery then becomes outsourced to other teams or other partners and they do different models to help them scale that part of the business. So thank you for sharing the way you do it, appreciate that.
– Sure the piece that I’d watch under that thought process is there are a bunch of people who are outsourcing certain things and I wouldn’t recommend some of them. I know there’s other speakers who get on stage and sell coaching with their company and then there’s literally one company that delivers coaching for like 15 different speakers and I scratch my head and I’m like wow, that’s really not legit. Because you’re buying coaching from that person’s company believing that they trained those people and they’re credible and consistent and some random third party company that just does coaching in general is coaching on behalf of them. And I’m like wow that’s not cool like they’re trying to skip the step of actually having to build a team and train a team and have a legitimate team that knows their stuff and lives their stuff and can really deliver their stuff be there. And instead they’re trying to skip that step and having to have the overhead of the team and they’re trying to jump straight to having what other companies took years to build and it’s very silly. I would always ask before hiring someone, like we trained all of our coaches, they come through performance coaching university, I work with them personally. We make sure they’re legitimate at what they do and they absolutely deliver, there’s a secondary piece which is there’s lots of people and I was one of these people. When I was 18 years old decided I’m gonna become a speaker and a coach and that’s great but there’s a lot of life experience lacking and so if I were to look back and give myself any advice I would say hey go succeed in something else. Like go do really well in something, take all of your experience and then come into this space and say hey here’s what I’ve been able to build and create, now I’d like to coach people in this space. And whether that’s transforming your body or building a business or having an amazing relationship do something. Like live it really, truly live it and then decide to assist others or speak on it or share what’s working and so there’s a philosophy we live by which is number one learn what it takes to really get the results you want and go do it, live it and actually get the results. You’re gonna be like hey this is how we do it. And then give it, pay it forward then be like hey let me share with you, there’s lots of people who just wanna be a speaker one day and what have you done. Well I woke up today so I’m gonna speak to the world and there’s nothing wrong with that if there’s something you’ve done that you can share with people. And you’re not teaching them what to do but you’re relying on real experience and I can tell you after coaching now for I think I’m on my 14th year, I know now more than I did when I started I only coached people on health and fitness and time management. Those are the only two things I coach people on when I was starting coaching.
– So you became a real expert on those two things.
– Well I was living it, I was going to school I had multiple jobs, I had everything going on in my life and I figured out how to optimise time. And I figured out how to time making a juice in the morning I figured out how to time getting the right amount sleep every night, I figured out how to time just enough to get two coaching calls in between my lunch break, to eat lunch and get back to class. I figured out enough time to study and have fun and have a life but like managing time was something I was really good at and my health and fitness. I went from five foot nine 225 pounds radically out of shape and unhealthy to running marathons and triathlons and figuring out how to optimise my health from the inside out and I was really healthy and I could show anyone how to do it and so those two things is what I coach people on and it worked. And over time you know after spending now seven plus years growing a business now I know how to coach people on growing their business, why I’ve had a business that’s.
– Because you’ve been there, because you’ve been there done that, you’re doing it. It makes me think about what I did when I was 22, ’cause when I was 22 that’s when I realised that was six years ago, seven years ago and I realised I wanna become a speaker. Now I made a big mistake at that time, the big mistake was one I wanted to become a live coach and didn’t of course have enough life experience to be a bloody life coach and the other thing is that I completely neglected my previous career because I started at the age of 19 and was the youngest Michelin star restaurant manager in Europe and I used to manage Michelin star restaurants from the age of 19. And then be recruiting many different restaurants for it. And I’ve seen there’s a lot of people that what they do they do they way want to start a new career as a speaker forgetting and neglecting their past. Where there connections are, where there success are, and if I were to do something different instead of reinventing myself which took me about I think four and a half bloody years before people started actually believing me and trusting me in that I was good at what I was doing, building all those expertise. It’s also to look at where are you all ready successful like you did, you only coach people on time management and health because you were the living being, the living proof that you could deliver that. So I think that there’s a great message there and everyone is listening don’t make the mistake I made because it cost me a few years on this thing.
– We help them, when we recruit people who want to become coaches for performance coaching university we weed out people who haven’t significantly accomplished something in their life. So we look for people and say who do you wanna coach and what have you done in that category of your life and we talk to them and we have a client right now who’s successfully started, scaled and sold two different companies for multi millions of dollars each. Now he’s learning how to become a coach, perfect. We have a guy that came through, he’s a consultant with Google and Salesforce and all these gigantic companies, he graduated with him MBA in business from USC school of business in Southern California. He’s all ready a successful consultant and he was adding on tools to better coach and manage the people side of the consulting because he all ready knows the business side, we’re like perfect. So we look for people who are all ready doing it and we can add more skills to them and show them frameworks of how to do that side and what happens is that they’re ten times more successful than someone who just had the good idea that it would start one day.
– Yeah absolutely I agree with you. I have two more questions before we wrap up Jairek. One is from Carla and she’s asking do you have a vision of a new way to do business in our present moment.?
– A new way to do business.
– Yeah that was the question, do you have a vision of a new way to do business in our present moment?
– If you look forward all industries around the world are going to change dramatically and if I were to look forward in my business, I’m not a speaker that’s not my profession, I’m a coach and so I coach people professionally one on one and I speak about those things. I take those tools and tactics we use in coaching and I share them from the stage so people can go oh that’s what they do, so all the results I have is not because I’m a great speaker. The results I have that I’ve helped people achieve is ’cause I’ve coached them one on one. And we’ve doubled people’s businesses, we’ve taken them from three million to 12 million in revenue. We’ve helped transform their relationship and their health and their health and their business and all that but it’s all one on one, it wasn’t ’cause I gave a great speech, now if I look at my industry which is coaching and say what does the future look like. As automated machines and deep learning takes place by machines and AI starts to step in, what happens is a physical human coach becomes irrelevant because a bot coach or a digital coach that can read your blood pressure that can take your heart rate, that can watch how your sugar levels move during the conversation. That can sense your heat and temperature of your body of a machine that can take all of your biometrics as it’s giving you information and advice and watch what you’re actually receiving and what you’re pushing away and not, even though you may go oh that’s good. Or all of a sudden your heart jumps and your blood pressure jumps and it knows oh my gosh it didn’t accept what I just shared with him, okay let me go back and say it another way. You might also consider it and it says it another way it says that you go oh okay that makes sense and something that can have all that information on you while coaching you and using deep learning so it learns of psychology, all of coaching, all of the most up to date information. All the most recent studies and research instantly and can bring all of it to your situation right now based on analysing everything it knows about you. It will be able to deliver better coaching and consulting than any human being will ever become close to. And so looking at 20, 40, 50 years in the future I need a new job because a machine will clearly wipe the floor with what I can do. But I’m excited for that because that means things get even better results, so if I were to look at the new way of business I would look forward to the machines and the artificial intelligence that’s able to better coach and consult and lead and manage people than any other human can ever do.
– It’s fascinating I’m deeply intrigued by artificial intelligence, we’re launching with a partner in the next few I think the next few weeks. Marketing and sales automated software we’re artificial intelligence for small businesses. And it’s interesting because I was thinking when I was talking with my partner when we were on for the launch and we’re saying I think I would need a new job as a business consultant because at this stuff is going to be do our job much better than I can do it by pulling out all the data so on. So it’s going to be a massive change and it’s an exciting time and it’s always about being on the edge, right. It’s always about being there being on the edge. Now before we stop Jairek I want to ask you about your book ’cause you wrote an incredible book called Live It can you say a few words about it and how can people find the book as well.
– Sure so the premise of that book was based on 10 years of my life trying to figure out how to turn my vision for what I want to do in the reality and so how the book works as a tool is chapter one and two is figuring out what is the vision of how you wanna live your day to day life and it’s not the goals you wanna achieve it’s how you want to live. ‘Cause a lot of people say hey I wanna achieve this goal therefore I’ll do these things and it’s like no how do you wanna live your life, like where do you wanna wake up, how do you wanna feel, what do you wanna do every day, who do you wanna be with, if you remember the beginning of this conversation you said what’s most important and I said loving my wife is most important. So therefore when I design my day I say hey I wanna be able to take an hour long walk first thing in the morning with my wife, I wanna be able to meditate together, I wanna be able to work out together, I wanna be able to spend an abundance of time together enjoying the first part of the day, everyday. From there I wanna be able to work with clients and help them and assist them in growing and becoming happy and healthy and more fulfilled. From there I wanna have lunch with my wife, I wanna be able to stop everything and sit down and enjoy a beautiful lunch with my wife. I then want to jump back in the projects I believe in and do things like that, then I wanna wrap up the day with my wife, I wanna go do yoga at the end of the day and have this awesome session. We get to relax and rejuvenate and enjoy each other and then I wanna spend all evening with my wife. And so if that’s how I wanna live my life, how do I pick a career, how do I pick a job and other things to fit into my life based on the life that I wanna live. Instead of oh that’s a really cool job, how do I make my life fit around it, I said no, no, no I want a really cool life, I’ll make my job fit around my life. And so chapter one and two is figuring out how do you want your life to be and then everything else can fit around it, chapter two through 10 is how to turn that into reality all the things I’ve used from mental rehearsal and visualisation and simple stuff like that to science backed information to it’s like here’s what I did. So some of it is science, some of it is pseudo science, some of it has the research and the studies to go this works and here it’s proven, some of it’s like hey I don’t know if it works for everybody but it works for me so I hope it works for you. And I’m not telling you, you have to do it this way I’m just saying hey here’s literally nine chapters on what works for me, so take what you want, use what works for you and then the final chapter is saying once you’ve been able to turn your one day into reality now create your five, 10 and 20, your vision for your life and turn that into reality as well.
– Brilliant and where can people find out about the book, where can people get the book, Amazon I’m assuming.
– Yeah go to Amazon type in my name or go to Jairek Robbins.com you’ll see Deepak Chopra endorsed it he’s right smack in the middle of my website. Just click on the picture of Deepak next to the book. And that will take you straight to Amazon where you can buy it.
– Brilliant, follow the Deepak and get the book that’s the final message, thank you very much Jairek it’s been a brilliant interview, I loved every single second, one final word to leave our listeners with.
– Really simple learn it, live it, give it, it’s right there, learn what it takes to live the life of your dreams, whatever it is you want to be. Do, have experience to share with this world, number two live it, find a way to make that your reality like turn that vision into reality and once you do, give it find a way to pay it forward and help others do the same, not your five fucking golden pillars of how to live life but more so like hey here’s what works for me if it works for you take it, if it doesn’t toss it. But I’m just gonna pay this forward and share it with you.
– Thank you very much Jairek, thank you, thank you for coming on this call with us and having this interview, for being our guest. Listeners thank you very much for listening, if you’re listening, if you’re watching on YouTube or if you’re listening on our podcast. Thank you, thank you very much. Make sure that you hit right now that subscribe button that you see that it’s juicy it’s calling you yes. Hit it right now, great stuff and let us know what do you love the most about this interview, let us know so that we can send Jairek some screenshots about what you guys thought made the most impact from what he shared today. Thank you very much for listening, Simone Vincenzi Jairek Robbins at explode your expert business show is everything and catch you next week, ciao.